When winter rolls around each year, it seems inevitable that at some stage of the colder months we will pick up a head cold and a case of the sniffles.
Many of us hate having to put up with this inconvenience; it can stop us exercising, make us miss work or just be plain annoying.
But there are a number of things you can do to reduce your chances of getting the sniffles. Let’s take a quick look at some of your best options.
1. Take probiotics. These are supplements that provide a boost to your body’s immune system. They are commonly available at chemists and health food shops, and are normally just swallowed in tablet form in the mornings.
2. Try adding a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar to a glass of water a couple of times per day. The vinegar will kill the bacteria that could otherwise make you sick. Some also say it gives them extra energy.
3. Eat garlic, a natural antibiotic that the body never becomes immune to. It might smell bad but if you want to keep the doctor away (and vampires) this is your best bet.
4. Consume a good multivitamin tablet each day. There is no shortage of good options at supermarkets and chemists; you can even choose formulas created for your gender or age bracket.
5. Eat well. Making healthy food choices is the basic requirement of good health. Ensure your diet is balanced and full of fruit and vegetables.
6. Last but not least, wash your hands. Germs are carried around on our hands so always wash before eating.