IT’S that banging feeling in you head when you wake up the next morning; that drilling noise that just won’t stop.
That seedy feeling that you feel when you get out of bed.
It is the last thing you need to start the new or after your festive celebrations this summer.
Here’s some tips to help prevent that daunting hangover after your night out.
1. Drink a glass of milk – drinking a glass of milk when you get home before you go to bed helps drain the alcohol out of the system. Milk is an anti-diuretic which means it stops the kidneys producing urine. It means you won’t get woken up all the time by needing the toilet.
2. Bicarbonate soda – have a teaspoon of bicarbonate soda disolved in with a glass of water on waking up. Bicarbonate of soda is an alkaline which neutralises the acidity and fights the symptoms of a hangover.
3. Orange juice – Vitamin C speeds up the metabolism to help get rid of the alcohol out of the system.
4. If you already have hangover symptoms and failed to fight them, try a ‘Bloody Mary’ cocktail. Tomato juice and celery are vital nutrients to help fight the pain.
5. Get some fresh air and exercise. You should also drink 1 – 2 litres of water.