IF you are too psyched out to work-out this summer, we’ve got some hot summer tricks for you to try and help you cool down and motivate you at the same time achieve that gorgeous bod.
- Adjust your body temperature – go for a cold shower before your work-out. And when I say cold, I mean freezing cold with zero hot water. This will spark you into action and cool you down a level or two. Even just cooling your neck and head with an ice pack can make a difference.
- Try a different route for your run – check your map and see if you can find a shadier spot to avoid as much sun as possible. Log onto weather.com.au to find out hourly forecasts and which is the best time for you to run.
- Check your heart-rate – make sure you check that you’re not going over the top in the sun with a heart rate monitor. This can also motivate as most have a timer so you can push yourself to different targets by time.
- Hit the dirt – try to run on dirt or gravel paths or green lawns as concrete and asphalt tend to radiate heat.
- Cool down with oils – Peppermint and eucalyptus oil can help as a motivating tool. A few drops of these before and after your work out can help you also recover quicker.