CHRISTMAS is always a hectic time for the cooks. We take a look at a healthy way to achieve the healthiest results this Christmas through a set routine from Good Taste magazine.
The cooks have the toughest time on Christmas Day; particularly on that hot, sweaty day slaving over the oven, cooking the turkey and other Christmas delights.
This planner will hopefully help you in preparing the food to give you an opportunity to relax and sit back and have a few drinks with your friends.
Starter: Herb ricotta with garlic crostini and crudites
Main: Turkey with quince and pistachio couscous
Sides: Cherry port relish; Greens with almonds and lemon; Tahini with yoghurt potato salad; coriander and cumin spiced baby carrots.
Dessert: Raspberry and honey semifreddo
Time plan for lunch at 1pm
Day before Christmas Eve:
- Make the cherry port relish.
- Prepare the herb ricotta with garlic crostini & crudités to the end of step 1.
- Prepare the greens with almonds & lemon to the end of step 3.
- Prepare the turkey with quince & pistachio couscous to the end of step 3.
- Prepare the raspberry & honey semifreddo to the end of step 3.
10am Christmas Day:
- Prepare the tahini & yoghurt potato salad to the end of step 2.
- Continue the turkey with quince & pistachio couscous from step 4.
- Continue the herb ricotta with garlic crostini & crudites from step 2.
- Continue the tahini & yoghurt potato salad from step 3.
- Prepare the coriander & cumin spiced baby carrots to the end of step 1.
- Continue the coriander & cumin spiced baby carrots from step 2.
Just before serving:
- Continue the greens with almonds & lemon
Just before serving dessert:
- Continue the raspberry & honey semifreddo