What’s the buzz about the health benefits of using bee pollen? Considered as nature’s most powerful and healthiest food, bee pollen is a “the perfect food” for our bodies. 40% of bee pollen is made up of protein and in addition to this, it contains 96 nutrients that are all beneficial for the sustenance and maintenance of the body’s health.
Thousands of years ago, the early civilizations of the Chinese and Egyptian used bee pollen as a medicine and rejuvenator. The “Father of modern Medicine”, Hippocrates, even utilized bee pollen as a healing substance. Nowadays, natural health practitioners hold bee pollen in high regard with the many health benefits that it provides starting from weight loss to cancer prevention. But how is this supplement made?
Different flowers have different pollens. Pollen contains a wide variety of important vitamins, minerals, amino acids, protein and enzymes that are needed by the body. In fact, it is considered the richest and most complete food that nature provides. It is high in B vitamins and contains minimal calories per serving. Bees collect pollen from flowers and the quality of the bee pollen relies on where it was harvested. If the flower grows in an area which is polluted, the bees could also harbor the impurities and other chemicals with the pollen making it harmful to the body’s health. A healthy environment therefore is important to improve the quality of bee pollen. One of the best places for pollen is where pollution is at its least: New Zealand. Bee pollen from New Zealand is often regarded as one that has the best quality.
Some people believe that there are many conditions that bee pollen can be used to treat, including:
- Boosting your immune system. The bee pollen contains vitamins and minerals like lecithin, cysteine, selenium, magnesium, calcium, nucleic acids, proteins, mono and polyunsaturated fats, vitamins B, C, D, E, and beta-carotene which are all effective in strengthening the body’s immune system.
- The vitamins, fatty acids and essential amino acids present in bee pollen help regulate your mood. Therefore, bee pollen helps you greatly in controlling and coping up with the stress in your life.
- Increasing energy and endurance. Athletes who have been taking bee pollen for a long time have shown remarkable changes in their stamina and performance. With the many nutrients and vitamins present in bee pollen, it’s not difficult to believe that it can create such health benefit.
- Helps in weight management by regulating the body’s metabolism.
- Lowers the low density lipoproteins, the bad cholesterol, in the body. Consequently, it affects in the regulation of blood pressure and the heart.
- It may be helpful in managing skin problems like eczema and psoriasis
- Eliminates toxicity in the body
- Protection against premature aging and adverse effects from radiation treatment
The list goes on and on as this wonder food affects the body’s system. Although it gives you the best health benefits that you can get, it is forevermore wise to consult the physician before taking in bee pollen supplements.